Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Off to Nats

My wife and I are catching an early flight tomorrow morning as we are making our way down to Sarasota for Nationals. My wife is going to volunteer this year by helping out with orgainzing the player packs and various other on-field duties. I need to get my scorekeeping stuff together and meet with the Field Marshals tomorrow. One of our goals is updating the SRT with every half time score, so keep checking that out. If you don't get the info fast enough, just comment here and I will be sure to get back to you.


Advice to the teams: LEAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET TO THE FIELDS ON THURSDAY MORNING. The traffic is traditionally horrible on Thurs. Last year, 6TM got stuck in traffic and some folks didn't get to the fields until 9:10am. I suggest hitting the road at 7:30am from Siesta Key. Worst case scenario is that you find your field early and have plenty of time to warm-up.

My concerns this year will be quite different: What games to watch?????

I think I have got my first round narrowed down to:

Dog/VC
Gendors/Rival
Fury/Godiva
Brass/Moe
Slow/Flycoons
Sockeye/Chain
Mischief/PR
Ring/Metal
Riot/Nemesis
BL/Hooray
Brute/Mojo

Seems doable, right? If I stay a whole 5 minutes at each one...I should catch them all. Maybe if my customized golf cart (all black, big rims, built in ipod and latte machine) arrives in time I can get it to 6 minutes per game.

1 comment:

Gambler said...

Glad to hear the Fury/Godiva game made the cut for the first round... I'm looking forward to saying hi and hopefully catching up this weekend.