Monday, November 27, 2006

Solo...for now....

I want to get started with my weekly posts again, even though my feed is still disabled to Ultimatetalk. Jim wrote recently about the number of hits his blog has, and while he certainly has the best name recognition in the blog world, I think he can tip his hat to Ultimatetalk for a large percentage of his numbers. Its interesting to see how visitors to your site become currency and can feed into some sense of self-importance. So, to still post without the benfit of Ultimatetalk is a good lesson.

Just a reminder that you can subscribe to this blog via the Feedburner form. If you do, updates to this blog will be e-mailed to you.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Peter Andrew Jamieson said...

I see that I get about 20% of my traffic from Ultimatetalk. Unfortunately, I post too much to be added to the feed, but I'm happy to be just a small link. Still, Jim's numbers are pretty incredible. Are you hitting in the same range?

Peter

gcooke said...

Hi Peter,

Well, I owe you a thank you, first off, as I receive about 20-30% of my visitors as a result of your link. I will add your link when I get a chance.

Once I settled in to a weekly groove about 6 months ago, I could expect 400-600 on posting days and roughly 1000 visits per week. I put my sitemeter on in Nov 05 and I have had about 45000 visits in the year. Since my upgrade, I am down to aboput 30 visits a day, but I haven't been posting.

-G

Nathan said...

Are you suggesting that Jim's sense of self-importance comes from the numbers of hits he gets on his site? I assure you, he was just as self-important in the pre-blog days...

Tarr said...

I rarely use ultimatetalk to link to posts; I am simply subscribed to (most of) the feeds individually on bloglines. However, your feed silently disappeared when you switched over, so I'm glad I have ultimatetalk around to alert me to your disappearance.

gcooke said...

Hey Adam,

I believe my feed is up and running. I also have the feedburner option if needed.

-G